1. Product Description
With sophorolipids and biopolymers as the main components, Biological Oil-displacing Agent BD-II (Figure 1) is a tertiary oil recovery product (binary composite flooding) used in oil fields. It can improve swept volume, oil washing efficiency and oil recovery, through emulsifying remaining oil, improving lubrication, reducing oil-water interfacial tension, as well as expanding water flooding swept volume and etc.
In addition to excellent oil displacement performance, the Biological Oil-displacing Agent BD-II also has high temperature resistance and high salinity, and it is non-toxic and 100% biodegradable, thus eco-friendly.
2. Physical & Chemical Indicators
Table 1 Physical & Chemical Indicators of Biological Oil-displacing Agent BD-II
|Appearance||Light yellow to brown liquid|
|pH（0.5% aqueous solution）||5～7|
|Interfacial tension (NaCL 50g/L)，mN/m||≤ 2.5|
3. Performance & Features
The core component of the Biological Oil-displacing Agent BD-II is sophorolipid. Experimental data shows that the oil-displacing efficiency of sophorolipid is at least 3 times higher than that of industrial synthetic surfactants, and the overall oil displacement efficiency can be improved by more than 15%. The products have the following features:
(1) Good water solubility and low interfacial tension;
(2) Strong ability to emulsify crude oil;
(3) Strong ability to improve the wetness of the formation;
(4) Strong ability to increase the affected volume;
(5) High temperature and salt resistance, and a wide range of pH adaptability;
(6) Non-toxic, harmless, 100% biodegradable, and zero pollution to the oil reservoir and the environment.
4. Tolerance Data
The following tolerance data are from randomly-selected BD-II products with repeated testings, thus are objective and reliable.
5. Application Case
Oil displacement effect map of an oil field using BD-II in China.